Early Treatment Has Its Perks
Most parents assume they must wait until their child has all of his or her permanent teeth to see an orthodontist, but according to new research from the American Association of Orthodontists, they have discovered that treatment would have been much easier if started earlier and even pinpointed the age of 7.
So as a parent, you may ask what’s so great about age seven?
Well, according to the research, enough permanent teeth have arrived to determine whether any problems are present.
Your child’s first molars have come in, providing an opportunity to check for a bad bite.
Also, the incisors have begun to come in, and problems such as crowding, deep bites, and open bites can be detected right away.
Dr. Cohen’s Super 7 checkup and evaluation will yield two positive outcomes:
- Early detection of problems leads to easier and shorter orthodontic treatment in the future.
- A healthy prognosis will provide immediate peace of mind.
Early treatment will give Dr. Cohen the chance to:
- guide proper jaw growth
- lower the risk of trauma from protruded front teeth
- correct harmful oral habits right away
- improve overall appearance
- guide permanent teeth into a more favorable position
- improve the way lips meet
Aside from spurring on years of harmful teasing, misaligned teeth are also prone to injury and are detrimental to good oral hygiene.
So, if your child’s 7th birthday is fast approaching, click on the button below to schedule your Super 7 Checkup with Dr. Cohen.